AS--The Argument


He glared. "Yes, I have SOME money. But there's just one problem."

"Yeah?" I demanded.

Damien ran a hand through his hair. "Where's a nearby town?"

* * *

"Well, um..." I trailed off. "Are you serious? You don't know where a town is?"

Damien snorted. "Are you kidding? We're lost in the middle of a forest, and you think that I should know where a town is?"

I gave him a look.

"What?" he groaned.

"Well, yeah," I admitted.

"Look," he sighed, "I'm sure YOU'D be able to find a way."

I frowned. "How?"

He hesitated. "Well, once my dad told me about this lake. He said that if the right person looked into it, that they'd see their destiny."

I gave them a look. "Their destiny."

"Look!" he cried. "I'm not the one who came up with the legend!"

"How am I supposed to get directions to a town from my destiny?" I demanded. "That's a stupid idea!"

Damien glared fiercely at me. "Yeah, well, YOU think of something better!"

I smiled. "Alright. YOU look in it."

"No way!" he cried.

"I'm pretty positive that it's your destiny to find your dad," I snorted. "Now, come on, where's the lake."

"That's the point," Damien sighed.

"What?" I demanded.

He looked up at me. "Well, um.... it's said that the only way that you can find it is by being lost."

"Wow," I said sarcastically. "Why haven't we found it yet?"

He glared. "Fine. Let's just keep on going."

We took off walking through the forest.

If we weren't lost already, I was pretty sure we soon were going to be....

4 comments:

  1. What I rated it explains it all; definitely deserving of chocolate:)

    Layla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh.... are you going to continue the story?? i love it so far. :)

    ReplyDelete

be nice ∞ be kind ∞ be a hero

Powered by Blogger