don't make fun of the crocs, bro


Being rushed.

I hate being rushed.

"We've gotta go!" Laura shouted from the entryway of the house.

Stink. Where were my socks?! I ruffled through the top drawer of the dresser. There! Wait a sec. I'd worn these last time.

"Anna!"

Never mind, they'd have to do. Tripping down the hallway and pulling on my socks at the same time, I made it to the front door with one thought: I don't want to put on my tennis shoes. But if I didn't wear my tennis shoes, what would I wear? I had socks on, so I couldn't wear my sandals. (unless I wanted to look like a doofus) And I couldn't wear my Sunday flats. And my other shoes were dirty with river water.

Great. So now what?

I stared at the pile of shoes, Laura's shouts from the garage coming like a warning punch.

"Oh," I murmured. "What now?"

My eyes caught the sight of the awful dreadful--the ugly camo crocs that I'd picked up at the second hand store, afraid that I wouldn't be able to find anything else in to go canoeing in. The before-mentioned dirty-with-river-water shoes had been found for the canoe adventure, so these had kind of just been brought back and forgotten.

But come on. Lots of people wore socks with crocs, right? Even if they look stupid.

Who cared? I was just going rock climbing. I'd be taking them off pretty soon anyway to change into the other slim rock-climbing shoes.

"ANNA!"

I grabbed them before I could think of it again. As I stumbled out into the garage, pulling the crocs onto my feet, I felt another thought pass through my head... Well, I mean, they're not actually that bad, anyway. And who cares? I sure don't. Don't make fun of the crocs, bro! I finished with my best Southern accent in my head.

I hopped into the car and we sped off.

At this point, I'll say that I don't have a pushy sibling/mother/friend/whatever that would yell at me that much. Either way, that part didn't actually... um... happen. Most of this story is fictional. Laura, by the way, is fake name. Isn't it pretty? :) I think it is. ;) Actually, most of this story is fake, though I assure you that the ugly crocs are not. haha =D

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Anna, I tagged you! It's okay if you don't want to do it, i just thought you'd like to know that you have been tagged :)

    http://candyapple-reviews.blogspot.com/2013/08/tag-im-it-seriously-this-is-best-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

be nice ∞ be kind ∞ be a hero

Powered by Blogger