The Adventure Bag // What's in my bag?


the bag

First off, the bag itself. I got this^ awesome bag a few days ago at Wal-Mart, I believe it was. I absolutely love this bag!! Isn't it cute?? I'm not a kind of purse girl, so I got this backpack/purse/thing instead. I. Love. It. <3 The colors are some of my faves, too. And I do love fall. :) It has a nice front pouch, where I keep a pen, and the inside is actually surprisingly roomy. I was seriously surprised about how big it was. The button hasn't come undone when I didn't want it to yet. Love. <3


into the bag

Let's go in! :)

(sorry about the bad quality of the photo. Our camera's not the best high tech and such, and the battery was about to run out, so I was taking pictures like crazy. =P)


the book of curious things + pen

Welcome to my new "jot down writing ideas and such" book, dubbed The Book of Curious Things. (great idea, right? :)) I currently haven't put any story ideas in there. Just the fact that I finally sent out my query letter for Rubberboot Girl*. (mentioned here) And there's a piece of paper shoved into the front with a story idea I came up with that's actually pretty amazing... (I'm really excited about it, but I don't really want to talk about it, just in case that makes me not want to write on it, for some reason... I'll talk about it more when I've finished it, OK? :))

And my pen. My beautiful purple pen. I got this from my dad. Isn't it pretty? :) I'm not really sure where he got it... but anyway... It's got pretty cool ink, like it's the kind that you can smudge if you want to. ;D haha I love it, and it goes great with my book. (I have a tendency to pair up a writing book with a special pen, and I believe that these two are together until one of them dies out... what a sad thought...)


the books

Come on. I'm not the type of girl to travel around without books, right? ;)

These lovelies came from a library that I don't normally go to. Sorry for the fact that their titles are backwards. =P (hope I'm not the only one who reads backwards... but don't worry, I'll explain) I had to take them off the photo-taker on our computer. Yeah... the battery of the camera finally ran out. =P

Night Gate
That's the top book. I believe it's from a series called the Gateway Series?? I'm not quite sure. I spent like an hour scouring book shelves, and this one looked pretty interesting, so I picked it up. We'll see how that turns out...

Atherton
This is a book by Patrick Carman, who also wrote the Land of Elyon books, which I really loved. So I thought, "Whatever, let's give it a roll!" Other then the main character's name being Edgar, the book looked interesting...

The Scorch Trials
I had read the first book in this series, Maze Runner, and let me tell you... IT'S. AMAZINGLY. INTERESTING!!!! I was almost ecstatic when I saw that the library I visited has this one, and guess what?!?! The next one, too!!!!!!! The library I normally go to only had the first one, which was a bummer. I was so excited that I immediately snatched this one off the shelf. :)

The Anybodies
This book had that charming, magical, little-kiddish vibe that I sometimes feel unresistable. Admit it. Most books for teens and such are... well... come on, they're kind of sick. So whenever I see one of these--complete with cute illustrations--of course I love picking it up!! I'm almost done with this one, and am loving it... It's cute. :)

the conclusion

Well, I hope you liked going through my little bag that I've been carrying around with me. :) Do you have a bag? What're some of your current favorite books? And do you have something rather like my The Book of Curious Things?

God bless!

Be a hero,
Anna

*P.S. I finally got my query letter sent in. FINALLY. I'm so excited!! :)

15 comments:

  1. Lovely little backpack. Defintely reminds me of fall. :)
    I like the name of the notebook!
    Ah books. I always have to have some at hand, wherever I go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Do you think you would want to help in a contest i made called Top Blog? You nominate different blogs that are really good from different categories such as dolls, design, DIY, ask them if they want to participate, and then people can vote for the top blog in each category? Plus, to make it fair, they can get an award that says something about their blog:) Or maybe people can nominate blogs, and the ones that are most nominated get in? Just a thought... Please reply on my blog, hellolittlebirdybyclaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Do you think you would want to help in a contest i made called Top Blog? You nominate different blogs that are really good from different categories such as dolls, design, DIY, ask them if they want to participate, and then people can vote for the top blog in each category? Plus, to make it fair, they can get an award that says something about their blog:) Or maybe people can nominate blogs, and the ones that are most nominated get in? Just a thought... Please reply on my blog, hellolittlebirdybyclaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rules about the contest are up:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool backpack, I love the colors and style!
    I also love that/what you named your notebook, so novel!
    I have sooooo many favorite books! I actually put a list of them up on my blog here: http://idlewildcl.blogspot.com/p/fun-stuff.html
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMIGOSH!!! Your bag is amazing!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bag is adorable!! I love it!! And AWESOME!!! You got your query letter sent out! Congrats =D I can't wait till that day comes for me =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE YOUR BAG!!!! You got your query letter out?!?!? oh!!! can't wait til i get to do that!!! (btw i tagged you! http://indonesiaaroundme.blogspot.com/2013/08/elegant-blogger-award.html#more

    abrielle lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, stumbled upon this blog and one of the books caught my eye! I remember reading Night Gate when I was in middle school (when I actually had SOOO much free time to read!) and even though it's a very different type of book I still enjoyed it!

    Sorry to pop in boldly, but I'm gonna slip out quietly now :P

    Have a good day/night :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! :)

      Hope you come back... :)

      Thanks, you too! :)

      Delete

be nice ∞ be kind ∞ be a hero

Powered by Blogger