My Method of Madness

(Just a side note, I actually rather forgot what I had planned to post when I jotted this down in my sticky notes on the computer. I mean, wha...? But then I realized kind of what I suppose I would've meant, so I think I got it. Maybe???)

Usually when I talk about writing I talk about writing stories. (right?) But I kind of thought, "Well, come on, Anna, that gets kind of boring after awhile, doesn't it?" (I don't know. I mean, I don't read my posts as a reader, I read my posts as an author chewing off my fingernails wondering if I wrote something worthwhile. Am I the only one who does that??) So, I was thinking, instead of talking about writing stories, why not talk about writing blog posts?

Now hold on there, little missy. What?! Who wants to talk about that?! You might as well hand out the boring pill... But really. Let's try and make this fun. And who knows?? Maybe you'll get inspired to help your blog get a facelift in your posts!!

First off, my awesome name that I am still loving.

Ladies and fellow bloggers...

Welcome to...

....MY METHOD OF MADNESS!!!!!

Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah...

*ahem*

Oh yeah. heh

OK, so, let's have a little Q&A with myself. (if you have more questions later, I can answer them, too)

Q: How do you come up with ideas to post?

A: Honestly, I usually come up with strange things while I'm not even blogging. Then when I sit down to write a post, I'm all like *dumb face*, "Wha...?"

Q: So how do you solve that?

A: What? Solve?! JK I usually write down my ideas. (I actually have a journal that has a long list of post ideas that... I... um... left behind... *guilty face*)

Q: So you write your ideas down?

A: Yeah! Even if I have more then one (err, three? For all three of my "main" blogs...) idea, because then if I ever have a lapse of ideas, I can always look back and use the ones I have stored up. (hopefully the lapse won't be too long... =P)

Q: What do you do if you can't find your list of ideas?

A: Scrabble like crazy to remember them and start to write them down! And, oh yeah, if, like me, you have a lot of things to alert your blogger about (like tomorrow I need to do a story catchup... or like the giveaway...), usually you can add like a "p.s." or something, even if it's a more of an "inspirational" post. That's OK. They're not going to mind. (wait, you won't, right? Right? RIGHT?! OK, OK, calm DOWN, Anna...)

Q: What if you can't think of anything and you don't have a list already made?

A: Oh, wow, bad moment. *takes deep breath* OK, here's the plan--go to pinterest, find a cool photo, and think of all the different kinds of posts that that photo could be in. What could people write that that photo would be in? Whatever the answer, write it. It's actually pretty simple. :)

Q: How do you know what's a good name for your great idea?

A: It's kind of like naming a book. Think about it. What's something that sounds cool, OK, fine, funny, good, whatever, what draws people in to what you want to talk about? That's your title.

Well, that's my method of madness. Most indefinitely. :)

What do you do? Does this help you? Let me know! :)

Be a hero,
Anna

8 comments:

  1. how awesome :)
    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2013/08/back-to-school-hair-styles.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so interesting; I do not write down my blog post ideas at all because I am one of those people who, when they sit down in front of a blank computer screen, can think up an idea. Well, to be honest, I have to test out a few sentences first, but then I'll continue writing and let the ramble-y side of me take control. :P

    I think I may start writing down post ideas! That's such a great idea. Now I'll have something to do if I have a notebook and no story ideas to write about...Post and story ideas. Yep.

    That reminds me, I haven't even made my giveaway post(s) yet. Gee whiz Jenny, get to work. XD

    Thanks,
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you're talented!! :)

      You'll have to tell me if you do! :)

      :)

      Delete
  3. Great post! I love your interviews with yourself, btw. :D
    I have post ideas "swirling around" in my head most of the time. And then maybe I'll eventually do them. Or just forget them until I go to bed an can't do anything about it. Yeah, I don't have a method. yet. :)
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!this post really helped me out!:)

    ReplyDelete

be nice ∞ be kind ∞ be a hero

Powered by Blogger