Good Morning


I woke up this morning and glanced at the clock. Six something?! It was summer, there wasn't going to be anything to do today, so logically I slumped back in bed with a groan and fell asleep.

When I woke up again, it was eight something, but I was too tired to really move. So I just laid there, for about another ten minutes. Then I realized that I should probably get up and make the bed and then get dressed.

Wait a sec. I felt something in my brain moving. I was actually thinking being this tired? Whoo for me. It came as a thought. Remember? You were going to straighten your hair today. Oh, stink. Ugh. I didn't want to do that. But I hadn't done it in forever. I grabbed at my unmanageable tresses. Urgh. OK, fine. I'd do it. Let's just get this thing over with.

I made the bed, read my Bible, grabbed my clothes, and headed for the bathroom. Thankfully, nobody else was up already. Hurrah. Well, at least nobody who used this bathroom. I slipped inside and shut the door behind me.

I got dressed and then faced myself in the mirror, asking myself, You ready? You ready to do it? You ready to spend probably an hour in here making your hair straight? The other half of my brain answered, No. I sighed, plugged in the straightener, and started to brush out the tangles that I'd acquired during the night.

By the time the straightener beeped that it was ready, I was done. Now here came the hard part. My hair was so thick and crazy that I had to pin up my hair every few layers and then work my way through my whole head of hair. Yeah. This was like a life time job for somebody. Me. Wow, I think I needed a new occupation...

I got to work right away. By the time I'd straightened the last bit of hair and taken out the hair clip, I was almost exhausted. Yes, I got exhausted with something as girly as straightening my hair. I practically ran out of the bathroom to check the clock to see how long I'd been in there. About an hour. Man. That's depressing.

I padded into the kitchen, feeling the silence of the house. I checked the breakfast cabinet to see what I could swipe and eat. Cereal, as usual. Where were those pop tarts I'd seen the other day but couldn't eat because I'd had a cold? Oh well. I started to grab the Post cereal, then realized I was sick of eating it for breakfast every day for about two weeks. So I went for the cheerios.

I poured myself a bowl and went into the dining room, sitting down at the table. I stared down at my bowl, thinking about how it would make a cool pinterest picture, if only my eyes could take pictures. Where was the camera, by the way? A simple glance around the room told me it wasn't in here, despite the fact that the computer and printer were. No bother.

I finished my breakfast, washed my dishes, and came to the computer. Bloggie time. I sat down and logged onto my account, clicking on my "Hero" blog. I stared at the screen. What should I post? I smiled, and started typing.

Loosely based on this morning. I added a few details here and there, for the sake of a story. Though the thing about taking a picture of my cheerios with my eyes is real. How strange can I get?! I hope you don't mind about how strange your author is... hope I get to hear from you. :)

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a pretty good morning, Anna! ;) Have you ever heard of Blimeycow? Well, it's a YouTube channel, and in one of their videos, they were talking about 10 Things That Won't be Cool in 25 Years. You should look it up. :D One word: iEye. :D

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, kind of haha =D Yes, I have! I watched the homeschool one. #priceless ;D

      Delete
  2. I ALWAYS wish I could take a picture with my eyes!!! I try to take it with my camera, but it doesn't turn out right.:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY! this was great! Please do more of this kind of post.

    I love ALL the posts you do but this one takes the cake. LOL!

    ~Abilaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Thanks. :)

      Wow, really? I just randomly came up with this... haha! =D What do you like about it? :)

      Delete
  4. If the straightening of hair part was real, then YES. My life. It takes me an hour too! Sometimes more, if I want it super silky. Though I don't do it much because of how long it takes ;) I just go curly and call it good. I loved this post, it drew me in from my dashboard, and I just had to read all of it! :)
    Anna Anna Anna, I still can't get over it! I like it. :) See you later, Anna!
    Melody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that part was real. =D Thanks so much! :) haha that's OK:)

      Delete
  5. This was really good! I enjoyed reading about your morning. :) I wish I could take pictures with my eyes all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I've never straightened my hair, or gone downstairs at nine to find it silent (three younger brothers = plenty of noise), but I could totally visualize and experience the whole thing!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh! my hair is like that too. It's such a chore to do anything with, and I'm too lazy to set aside a couple hours to straighten it. plus whenever I do straighten it, it still looks frizzy. :P So I usually let my Merida-hair go wild. Oh well, I like it curly better anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new design and title is fantastic!!!! The name Anna is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete

be nice ∞ be kind ∞ be a hero

Powered by Blogger