I'm a Winner

I lay on my back, looking up at the sky.

It's way up there, way up so high.

I'll never be able to touch it, never feel it with my fingers.

And yet as I lay there, the thought lingers.

I get up and glance around, searching with my eyes.

And then--there it is--there a tree lies.

And I ran towards it, seeing the swing hanging there.

And I hop into it, flying up without a care.

I close my eyes, and I feel as if I can never be touched by you.

I feel as if I'm safe, though where I really am I don't have a clue.

I know that with God, I'm safe now.

No more having to watch out for the coming punch--"POW!"

And I open my eyes as I fly.

And I look up and see the sky.

And I wonder how I could have missed it before.

Seemingly flooded with tales of lore.

And though I know that I'm a sinner.

I also know that with Jesus, I'm a winner.

2 comments:

be nice ∞ be kind ∞ be a hero

Powered by Blogger