Pernisia and Rowan--a chapter in which it's decided that our heroes are going to a dance.....

(Sarah/Poem Girl got this to me really quickly, so here's the next part--Pernisia by her, Rowan by me)


Pernisia

I gaped at her for a few moments before I burst out laughing, “Caleb,” I gasped between fits of giggles. “Caleb, as you can see she can take care of herself.” 

He frowned still clutching his stomach, not believing his own sister was supporting this. “Nisia I’m hurt.”

“Come on Caleb it looks like you need more protection than we do…but if you want to go than by all means come on.” I stepped out the door gesturing for Rowan to follow me, and Caleb if he dared which strangely enough he did, I heard Rowan groan behind me. 


“What?” I asked her. 

She turned to Caleb. “All right I see you’re coming and since I’ve already slugged you once I won’t do it again but don’t you dare try to take leadership of this.”

Caleb shook his head at Rowan and than turned back to me. “Honestly Nisia this girl has less sense than you and I didn’t think that was possible.”

I punched him in the arm, Rowan did the other one for good measure.

“Ow! Would you guys cut it out already seriously I’m black and blue all over here.” 

I rolled my eyes. “Stop being a baby Caleb, come on.”


We started off down the sidewalk Caleb attempted to take the lead but Rowan pushed him behind us and urged me to pick up the pace a bit I sighed and complied.

A noise drew my attention away however and I glanced over and….”Oh no, hurry, hurry quick before they see us!” Before Rowan had even a chance to ask who it was, we were surrounded.

“Hey Nisia who’s your friend, Is she a cousin?” My fellow students bombarded me with questions.

Caleb leaned over and whispered in my ear, “Nisia, I thought you said she was a new student.” I shot him a glare.

"Hey Nisia?" One of the girls began. "Why aren't you dressed up come on over to my house that's where we're all headed anyways why don't you join us." 

I pulled a few excuses to get us away, but it didn’t work and I ended up being forced to follow my friends leaving Caleb staring after us.

They were getting ready for the annual school dance. 

Great, just great I’d been avoiding this.



Rowan

"Dance?" I questioned. "What dance?"

Caleb shot a look at Pernisia like "I THOUGHT YOU SAID SHE WAS A NEW STUDENT?!"

One of the girls, one with lots of makeup and flowing blonde hair, snorted and turned towards me. "Yeah, it's a really big thing. All of the middle school's going to be there for it."

I frowned, but before I could say anything--("middle school?")--Pernisia spoke up.

"We're not going to the dance."

Caleb snorted. "Of course we are. Do you think I'd miss it?! Besides, you can't decide for Rowan."

"No, I think that..." I started to say.

"No, no." He shook his head, looking up at me with those bright eyes. "Rowan, you can't let my sister run your life. You've got to come to the dance."

I glared and raised my fist. "I can slug you again, you know."

"Come on," groaned the blonde girl. "Are you coming, Pernisia, or not? Because you'd better be at the dance."

Pernisia groaned, too, but for another reason. "Fine, fine, we'll be at the dance. But Rowan, uh, didn't really know about it, since she's pretty new, so we're going to have to go shopping and get her a dress and everything."

"Yeah," agreed Caleb, glaring at Pernisia. "But what I'd like to know is why Rowan doesn't have nice enough dresses already to wear to the dance."

"It's BECAUSE," I glared fiercely at him, "all of my clothes are at my house! And I never go to any dances, either. And...and..." I paused. "And my parents, well, they're friends with your mom and dad, so while they're off shopping for a new home, err, house, they dropped me off here. You just didn't know because you're obviously not smart enough to handle it." I crossed my arms.

Caleb looked astounded.

Pernisia snickered. "Come on, let's go."

We walked away from the girls.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah interesting this is going to be fun they're going to drag Caleb to the mall as punishment and than he'll have to wait while they try on dresses :D

    I'll get writing!
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just an awesome story. I am laughing out loud as I read it... =D

    ReplyDelete

be nice ∞ be kind ∞ be a hero

Powered by Blogger