Wyn has decided that she needs to do something...


When we got to my home, I was so sad that I couldn't tell my family about what had REALLY happened. I wanted to tell them that that guy was a scum and that whatever happened they just COULD NOT let him marry Ellen!! Oh, the horrible thought. He'd be my brother-in-law. So basically it was up to me to stop him.

But of course he hadn't said I couldn't tell Walt...

* * *

As soon as everybody was sure that I wasn't going to go running off or something, I was put in my room and told to, "GO TO SLEEP!" Of course, you all know I wasn't going to do that, right?

The second the door shut, I jumped out of bed, locked the door, threw on clothes, shoes, and a cloak, and then tied up all of my sheets into a rope and fed them out my window. When I was on the ground, I took off running for the stable, where I knew Walt was.

"Walt!" I hissed, my eyes trying to adjust to the bad light of the stable. "WALT!  WHERE ON EARTH ARE YOU?!"

"Wyn?" he came out of the shadows. His eyes grew big. "Wyn! Thank goodness you're alright!"

"Yeah, yeah," I nodded. "But we have some big trouble on our hands. I was kidnapped by this guy who wants to marry Ellen. Now, I don't want her to marry Lochinvar, either, but I DEFINITELY don't want her to marry THIS guy."

"So what're you going to do?" he whispered.

"Well," I sighed, "I've thought it over and admit that the only thing I can think of doing is getting Lochinvar back."

I waited in silence, Walt looking stunned.

"Well?" I urged.

"OK," he finally consented. "But he's off in the Middle East somewhere. How on earth are you going to find him?"

I smiled. "Thankfully, I've thought it all out. There's an old family friend of ours who has a young son--William, by name--that's just starting out for the crusades tomorrow. We'll detain his page, I'll take the page's place, and viola! I'm in the Middle East! It shouldn't be that hard to find Lochinvar."

Walt gave me a look like "hello, it's the Middle East! You're going to get lost. Or killed." Then he finally cried, "Hello, it's the Middle East! You're going to get lost. Or killed."

I sighed. "I'll be fine. Now, are you going to help me, or not?"

Walt sighed, too. "Fine. Let's go."

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I really love how you write so much like YOURSELF. At least it seems that way--like you're not trying to strangle your unique voice into something you've read or think it should be. The times I have the most fun writing are when I allow my right brain to run ahead. And I especially love the paragraph:

    Walt gave me a look like "Hello, it's the Middle East! You're going to get lost. Or killed." Then he finally cried, "Hello, it's the Middle East! You're going to get lost. Or killed."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I mostly just let myself run wild and whatever sounds like it should be put down gets put down! =D I love that paragraph, too! I've gotten lots of strange looks in my life time lol =D

      Delete
  2. hey storyteller, could you please check out my latest post (http://missieej.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/awards-timeeeeeeeeee.html) i have nominated you for an award! :D
    love EJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, thanks EJ!! I'll definitely check it out!!! :)

      Delete

be nice ∞ be kind ∞ be a hero

Powered by Blogger