Twilight's Last Night--Chapter 2

Chapter Two
I looked out the window of the van. The van was filled with Danny's chatter. Kaylie stared out the window. I knew what was running through her mind--what's going to happen? Mostly because I was thinking it, too. Mostly because I was scared. I didn't want this to happen. I just wanted to stay home......

"We're almost there." Mom glanced over her shoulder at us.

"Great!" cried Danny. "I'm sooo excited! This is going to be so awesome! Yesterday my best friend told me that..."

"Danny," whispered Kaylie. "Please, stop."

We were all silent. Finally, Mom spoke up.

"It's not going to be the end of the world, kids."

I looked away out the window. We were pulling up to the school. Oh, how my body told me not to get out of the car. Danny opened the door and hopped out. Kaylie followed less willingly. And still I sat inside of the van. Mom looked at me, and then sighed.

"Katrina," she whispered. "You need to get and go. You can't stay here forever."

I sighed, grabbed my bag and got out of the car. I thought I was going to be sick. But at just that moment somebody slipped their arm into mine.

"Good morning, Kat!" grinned blonde haired blue-eyed Farren Grady. "Why such the long face? Aren't you excited about getting to start high school? I can't wait!"

That was pretty easy for her to say. The tanned beauty was a sport jock. So of course she didn't have anything to worry about. She was still going to be the center of attention. Me? I was just the quiet little actress. Ugh.

"I'm scared," I finally admitted.

Farren laughed. "Oh, come on! It's going to be great!"

She pulled me inside the school. I glanced about, seeing hundreds of kids I didn't know and then a few familiar faces that had graduated out of eighth grade with us. God, you're going to have to be the one who gets me out of this day! I prayed.

4 comments:

be nice ∞ be kind ∞ be a hero

Powered by Blogger