Twilight's Last Night--Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE ROMEO!" Farren just about screamed in my ear as we walked out of the high school.

"Yeah, yeah." I self-consciously pushed a piece of brown hair behind my ear. "It's not that big of a deal, Farren."

Farren stared at me. "Are you serious?"

I shrugged. "What?"

"YOU JUST LANDED THE LEAD IN THE PLAY!"  she cried. "How can you not be excited?!"

"I am," I assured her. "It's just... the other two leads are snobs." I stared at my feet. "Sorry. I shouldn't have called them snobs."

Farren snorted. "Don't be. They are. But I'm sure you can live through them. If you can live through Mrs. Volini daily at drama class, then you can definitely survive Evan Jackson and Sabrina Marks."

I stopped in the hallway, frowning. Kids gave me weird looks and pushed around me, heading towards the door. "Wait a sec," I said, grabbing Farren's shoulder. "How on earth did you know those two? I mean, I didn't..."

Farren rolled her eyes. "That's because Sabrina and I were in fourth grade together over at Vancouver Elementary and Evan wouldn't let me play basketball with him and the rest of the boys on my street yesterday. Happy?" She started back towards the doors.

I hurried to catch up. "Yeah, I guess."

"Say..." Farren turned towards me. "Want to come to my house? I could shoot hoops and help you practice your lines."

I chuckled. "Just don't hit me with the ball. And I'll have to..."

"I'm already calling your mom." She flipped open her cell phone. "Yes. Mrs. Bale? I was wondering if Katrina could come over to my house. Maybe even stay for supper. That's OK? Thanks." She slid her phone into her pocket and turned to me with a triumphant smile. "So, you game?"

"Game," I grinned. "Let's go."


No comments:

Post a Comment

be nice ∞ be kind ∞ be a hero

Powered by Blogger